THC-Free CBD Products
While full-spectrum CBD products contain small amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), you also have options if you’re looking for THC-free CBD.
There are two types of THC-free CBD oil you can choose from: isolate and broad-spectrum.
- Isolate CBD oil contains only CBD, which means you’ll have a form that’s completely free from THC. No true isolate oil should contain any THC or any other cannabinoid besides CBD.
- Broad-spectrum CBD oils also lack THC, but they do contain other cannabinoids and cannabis compounds like terpenes and flavonoids.
Learn more about
CBD stands for cannabidiol, which is a naturally-occurring substance found in the hemp plant. CBD is just one of the cannabinoids present in cannabis and is known for its relief and wellness properties. It is extracted from the hemp plant and isolated to make THC free CBD products. CBD can be made into a tincture to be taken orally under the tongue, a topical serum to be used on the skin, or a water soluble to dissolve in water or any other drink.
THC is short for tetrahydrocannabinol, which is a naturally-occuring cannabinoid found in the hemp plant. THC is known for its “high” or psychotropic effect. Some of our products contain trace amounts of THC (<0.3%), since these small amounts occur naturally in full spectrum CBD-dominant hemp oil. These trace amounts of THC produce absolutely no psychotropic effects. However, we also offer all of our CBD products in a THC-free version for anyone who prefers pure CBD oil without THC.
Hemp oil extracted from the plant contains trace amounts of THC. So, to make THC free CBD products, hemp oil is broken down into parts including CBD isolate. CBD isolate is pure cannabidiol without all the other cannabinoids such as THC. This isolate is used to make CBD oil with no THC. It is still all-natural, high quality CBD, just all on its own without other cannabinoids and terpenes.
All types of CBD products may have potentially beneficial effects. But one particular benefit of broad-spectrum CBD and CBD isolate is that they shouldn’t contain any THC. That can be a plus for people who want to try CBD, but want to avoid THC.
On the flip side, a disadvantage of THC-free CBD oils is that they miss out on some or all of the benefits of the entourage effect. The entourage effect is a theory that CBD works better when it’s combined with other cannabis compounds, like THC.
However, that doesn’t mean that THC-free CBD oil isn’t effective. Some research suggests that CBD may still have therapeutic effects on its own.
Lastly, some people prefer CBD isolate because it’s taste- and scent-free. “Natural” or unflavored full-spectrum and broad-spectrum products have an earthy taste that some people dislike. However, it’s worth noting that you can find flavored varieties of all three types of CBD, which should mask any earthiness.
We chose these THC-free CBD oils based on specific safety and quality criteria. Each oil in this article:
- is made by a company that provides proof of third-party testing by an ISO 17025-compliant lab
- is made with U.S.-grown hemp
- contains no THC, according to the certificate of analysis (COA)
- is free of pesticides, heavy metals, and molds, according to the COA
We also considered:
- company certifications and manufacturing processes
- product potency
- overall ingredients
- indicators of user trust and brand reputation, such as:
- customer reviews
- whether the company has been subject to a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warning letter
- whether the company makes any unsupported health claims
Lastly, we chose a mix of both broad-spectrum and isolate oils so you can choose what’s best for you.
Our CBD oil without THC is available in many forms. These include tinctures, topical serums, creams, water solubles, edibles, and more. Tinctures are oral dietary supplements that are usually taken under the tongue. Topical serums and creams are used on the skin and penetrate tissue to enter the bloodstream. Water solubles can be dissolved in water or any other drink, and edibles can be eaten. Water solubles are the fastest way to absorb CBD.